Re-inspection schedules can be tailored to your specific requirements which we will establish with you.
Requirement to re-inspect
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, requires that the condition of ACMs must be inspected regularly and records updated accordingly. The frequency of the asbestos inspection regime must not exceed 12 months but is dictated by the nature of risk that the asbestos poses. The risk is assessed by the type, extent, condition and location of the asbestos.
Over time, asbestos-based products can degenerate or be accidentally damaged thereby causing the risks associated with the material to change substantially.
Additionally, the approved code of practice requires the asbestos management plan to be reviewed every six months. We can advise on or supply efficient methods for complying with this requirement.
GBNS surveyors can re-inspect any previously surveyed property and update the information held.
- Assess your current asbestos records and their format
- Provide costs and schedules for re-inspections
- Contact you before your re-inspection is due
- Re-inspect your sites and update your asbestos records in whatever format you hold them
- Advise you of where there have been any changes to asbestos containing materials and provide recommendations to maintain
- Ensure the compliance of your asbestos policy, including reviewing your management plan